CHRIS REYNOLDS INVESTIGATIONS
- Chris Reynolds has been licensed as a Private Investigator in the State of California since 1979. After an apprenticeship working in a small law firm, Mr. Reynolds became, at 23 years old, one of the youngest licensed private investigators in California history.
- Mr. Reynolds firm currently handled complex civil litigation, including trademark, patent, business and financial matters.
- Since 1984, the firm has been handling complex workplace investigations for businesses, governmental agencies and school districts. Workplace investigations include sexual harassment, discrimination of all types, whistleblower complaints, Federal and State School testing irregularities, embezzlement, fraud, confidential Director & Board matters, and other personnel-related issues. The firm has investigated 900+ workplace matters throughout California and the United States.
- Mr. Reynolds provides ongoing training and seminars to private investigators starting their careers, as well as to school districts and private businesses, focused on complex background investigations, financial investigations and workplace matters.
- In the past 38 years Mr. Reynolds has worked on behalf of over 100 different school districts and colleges, assisting them with internal investigations.
1. CIVIL, CRIMINAL LITIGATION
- Worked on 2000+ civil and criminal cases throughout the United States, which included travel to forty states and several countries.
- Civil cases have included fraud, embezzlement, patent, trademark, fraud, will contests, elder abuse, construction defects, complex industrial accidents, business law, libel, harassment and discrimination, and insurance fraud. Recently completed complex toxic tort litigation in Northern California.
- Criminal investigations include work on major felony matters in Federal and State Courts. In the past twenty years, Mr. Reynolds has worked on more than a dozen death penalty cases and over 100 homicides. Of the homicide cases, on ten occasions Mr. Reynolds was
instrumental in providing critical information and evidence that directly led to the acquittal or dismissal of charges.
- Appointed by the local courts to assist with investigations for indigent clients or those clients with conflicts of interest with the Public Defender.
- At counsel table to assist at Trial on over 120+ cases, all of which he participated in court, handling every aspect of trial preparation, jury selection, post-trial jury interviews, mock jury trial preparation, production of exhibits, demonstrative evidence, power point presentations, witness preparation, etc.
- Trial consultant
Environmental Toxic Tort Actions in Delaware and California, responsible for all phases of investigation
2. WORKPLACE INVESTIGATIONS
- Investigated over nine hundred and fifty (950+) different workplace matters, primarily sexual harassment, whistleblower, and wrongful termination and/or discrimination matters. A significant number of assignments have been investigated on behalf of local school districts and Colleges as a third party, independent investigator, retained to resolve complex internal employment issues. Other governmental agencies including, law enforcement, have retained the company to handle their internal matters. Mr. Reynolds has prepared investigations for Administrative Hearings, local school boards, and Federal and State Court litigation.
- Conducts on-site investigations of employee theft and embezzlement, including complex matters involving interviewing witnesses, conducting discreet surveillance, and auditing records and other data to reach conclusions for discipline or prosecution.
- Testified in Federal, State, and Administrative Courts on over sixty (60) occasions.
- Provides training regarding sexual harassment and discrimination, including interviewing techniques for site administrators.
- Formal presentations and testimony of report findings to school districts, associations and private clients
- Employment related investigations encompass interviewing administrators, staff, students, and expert witnesses. All aspects of the investigation are fully documented including acquiring documents, photographs, videos, diagrams for presentations to agencies and courts. Findings and recommendations are typically made by Mr. Reynolds for consideration by the companies involved in the disputes.
- California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI)
- Board of Directors 2003-Present
- President – 2010-12, 2014-15
- Treasurer – 2017-Present
- Chair of the Education Committee 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11
- Chair Legislative Day 2006-08
- Chair-Ethics Committee
- Budget Committee 2008-present
- Legislative Committee 2010-present
- AWI-Association of Workplace Investigators
- PIHRA-Professionals in Human Resources Association
- In June 2014 Mr. Reynolds received the “Distinguished Achievement” award from the California Association of Licensed Investigators. The DAA is the highest award given to CALI members and represented Mr. Reynolds’s work on behalf of CALI, the private investigation industry, and his lifetime career as a private investigator.
- February 2007-Mr. Reynolds received the “Private Investigator of the Year” award by his peers for outstanding achievement on two high-profile homicide cases in Sonoma County which resulted in the acquittal and dismissal of first-degree murder charges against both parties. The PI of the Year Award is the second-highest honor CALI bestows on its members.
- March 2009-Legislative Excellence Award from the California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI) for achievements in legislation on behalf of CALI and private investigators in California
3. References Upon Request
Private: $395 – $595 per hour
Government: $275-$350 per hour
All rates exclude additional items, expenses, mileage, out of pocket costs
Insurance: Current E & O -$1,000,000.00